Friday 4 September 2009

Start at the beginning - Faces & food of Paris.


Loved the guy polishing his shoes, before turning into a side street - I wonder where, or for whom, he was going.




At the cafe with the old lady and the Jewish man, a charming waiter taught me the correct way to order the coffee I wanted - une noisette - essentially an espresso with a little jug of milk. Perfect.

This little girl caught my eye as I watched her for 10 minutes at the bus stop and it was obvious she was bored. I can't imagine being bored in Paris, but I suppose at her age.....

These are a few glimpses of Paris.


This pic should have been with the one above!!
This lady was checking her daily order of fresh veges and fruit.


These women were accosting the tourists at the Eiffel Tower, offering letters to read, usually some story about needing medical help. But all quite business like, they would re-group every so often and then fan out again.


The black guys hawking cheap souvenirs were everywhere, everyday. How soul destroying it must be for them, who knows what their backgrounds and talents were but this is what they were reduced to. Amazingly, and thankfully, there seemed to be plenty willing to buy the cheap tat. One difference I noticed from the other Europen cities was that these guys did not sell much in the way of fake knock-offs of big brands. The French are very strict about it and it is even illegal to buy fake goods.









No comments:

Post a Comment