Tuesday 14 February 2012

Valentine's Day

My husband is such a romantic. he took me to a hole-in-the-wall Gyro shop near the old walls of Nicosia for the best gyro in the country with a foil tray of rigani sprinkled fries on the side (one each no less) and a bottle of water. In the cold, on the street, it was better than any steak and bottle of red wine. Then we drove to the Cineplex to see the new Sherlock Holmes film. Now we're talking - that's what I call entertainment. Bloody fantastic - smoke and mirrors, stuff and nonsense - any cliche you want to roll out. All done with the delicious chemistry between Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law, not to mention the deep, dark molasses timbre of Downey's voice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNxhpNpnAkk

We have never celebrated Valintine's Day. Years ago when I got in a huff about his not remembering, Costas silenced me for all time by saying: 'I don't need a special day in the year to tell you I love you.'
I wonder if he thought of that by himself?

No comments:

Post a Comment