Thursday 2 February 2012

Wow!

Just started a month's course - Empowering Characters' Emotions - from Margie Lawson. Incredible input and exciting - she knows her stuff.
I have an editing partner from Auckland, and a couple of other Kiwis have sent nice emails. Looks like this might be a happy cyber-community. Rhay recommended it and I am thankful she did. I'm still on the Writers Digest Course 12 Weeks to a first draft but it isn't a patch on this, apart from making me write. It is also three times the price so I won't waste my money there again.
http://www.margielawson.com/

I've had to sacrifice the chance to do a 2 week trip to Vietnam and Cambodia later this month, partly because of the courses but mainly because Sophie needs me to go over to her to look after the gorgeous Alex when she and Andy both return to work. Mmm Alex & writing vs Vietnam - Alex! Writing! Yay!









Two weeks ago we went to see the Degas exhibition of the bronzes made from the wax sculptures found in his studio after he died. The bronzes reveals every finger caress of his hands and the desire to reach out and touch was intense. He also did horses and catches their motion in a second with grace.  I know his paintings are his most famous work, but these are the models he did to capture the movement for those paintings. Utterly beautiful and I came away feeling that this was a man who loved women for their womanhood, deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment